Brad has been the web producer at Columbus Alive for four years — sort of like Spider-Man, but with a different kind of web. He's also our movie critic, but you probably know him best for snarky answers to the staff question that often involve Nickelback.
While on the job at Alive, he's been offered a cheese tray by Will Ferrell, hung out with a baby elephant and interviewed Maynard James Keenan. You should totally say hello if you see him around town. He likes making new friends.
Hometown: like an exotic animal, escaped from Zanesville, Ohio
Neighborhood: Harrison West
Favorite movie: "Dr. Strangelove"
Favorite (living) director: Quentin Tarantino
Favorite (non-living) director: Stanley Kubrick
Favorite (living) writer(s): Chuck Klosterman, Miranda July
Favorite (non-living) writer(s): Douglas Adams, Hunter S. Thompson
Favorite book: "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"
Favorite food: Fried cheese curds at Little Palace
Favorite thing to do in Columbus: See how many awesome things I can do in one night
Favorite album not enough people have heard: "Fantastic Planet" by Failure
Favorite weird animals I find strangely noble: platypus, manatee
Favorite punctuation: ...
Recent articles by Brad Keefe
- Columbus is officially one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S.
- Movie review: “Mad Max: Fury Road” is a wild work of action art
- Jeni's is making ice cream again! Shops to reopen on May 22
- The List: Rock on the Range Do’s and Don’ts
- Movie review: "Pitch Perfect 2" completely misses tone of charming original
- Movie review: “Hyena” howls at a bleak moon in cop tale
- Breaking news: Jeni's announces recall of all products
- Movie trailer review: Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Movie preview: Your handy guide to Columbus Documentary Week at Gateway Film Center
- Harry & the Potters to bring wizard rock to Ace of Cups
- The List: 13 Columbus eats that should be stadium foods