Brad has been the web producer at Columbus Alive for four years — sort of like Spider-Man, but with a different kind of web. He's also our movie critic, but you probably know him best for snarky answers to the staff question that often involve Nickelback.
While on the job at Alive, he's been offered a cheese tray by Will Ferrell, hung out with a baby elephant and interviewed Maynard James Keenan. You should totally say hello if you see him around town. He likes making new friends.
Hometown: like an exotic animal, escaped from Zanesville, Ohio
Neighborhood: Harrison West
Favorite movie: "Dr. Strangelove"
Favorite (living) director: Quentin Tarantino
Favorite (non-living) director: Stanley Kubrick
Favorite (living) writer(s): Chuck Klosterman, Miranda July
Favorite (non-living) writer(s): Douglas Adams, Hunter S. Thompson
Favorite book: "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"
Favorite food: Fried cheese curds at Little Palace
Favorite thing to do in Columbus: See how many awesome things I can do in one night
Favorite album not enough people have heard: "Fantastic Planet" by Failure
Favorite weird animals I find strangely noble: platypus, manatee
Favorite punctuation: ...
Recent articles by Brad Keefe
- Staff Pick: “The Way He Looks” the rare fresh coming-of-age movie
- Movie review: “Mockingjay, Part 1” feels the weight of being a set-up film
- Interview: Miranda July talks New Society, pooping back and forth, and more
- Movie review: “Dumb & Dumber” sequel is to little, to late
- Miranda July invites audience to join in her secret “Society”
- Movie review: Jon Stewart’s “Rosewater” has politics, heart in right place
- Movie review: Disney’s “Big Hero 6” nails action-adventure, adorability
- Movie review: Lost in space: “Interstellar” is over-ambitious and underwhelming
- Movie review: “Horns” not Radcliffe’s post-Potter best
- Interview: Bruce Campbell talks Comic Con, meeting William Shatner, Evil Dead TV show
- Movie review: “Laggies” a warm, funny take on a grown-up growing up
- New movie releases in Columbus for the weekend of October 31
- Movie review: No superheroes, but “Birdman” is a near-perfect experience
- Movie review: Gyllenhaal makes creepy “Nightcrawler” unforgettable
- New movie releases in Columbus for the weekend of Oct. 24
- Movie review: “Fury” rumbles through worn war movie territory
- Five things to expect in the Blue Jackets 2014-15 season
- New movie releases in Columbus for the weekend of October 9
- Movie review: Why “Gone Girl” is my pick for worst film of the year
- The List: 11 awesome film scores composed by famous musicians