Brad has been the web producer at Columbus Alive for four years — sort of like Spider-Man, but with a different kind of web. He's also our movie critic, but you probably know him best for snarky answers to the staff question that often involve Nickelback.
While on the job at Alive, he's been offered a cheese tray by Will Ferrell, hung out with a baby elephant and interviewed Maynard James Keenan. You should totally say hello if you see him around town. He likes making new friends.
Hometown: like an exotic animal, escaped from Zanesville, Ohio
Neighborhood: Harrison West
Favorite movie: "Dr. Strangelove"
Favorite (living) director: Quentin Tarantino
Favorite (non-living) director: Stanley Kubrick
Favorite (living) writer(s): Chuck Klosterman, Miranda July
Favorite (non-living) writer(s): Douglas Adams, Hunter S. Thompson
Favorite book: "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"
Favorite food: Fried cheese curds at Little Palace
Favorite thing to do in Columbus: See how many awesome things I can do in one night
Favorite album not enough people have heard: "Fantastic Planet" by Failure
Favorite weird animals I find strangely noble: platypus, manatee
Favorite punctuation: ...
Recent articles by Brad Keefe
- The List: 10 best ensemble comedies
- Summer Bucket List: Brad’s picks
- The List: 10 great moments in face-painting history
- Staff Pick: Independent Film Showcase offers comfort for during blockbuster season
- The List: 10 worst beer names ever
- Quiz: Real beer name or fake beer name?
- Preview: Columbus Symphony ends season on ‘Fantastique’ note
- Do you believe in miracles? Blue Jackets have a shot at playoffs
- Summer movie preview: 8 movies we want to skip
- Summer movie preview: 14 movies we want to see
- The List: Top 10 fictional bars
- Bonus List: 10 more fictional bars we love
- Movie review: Unnerving “Upstream Color” is both hypnotic and baffling
- The List: Top 10 ways to get the girl in movies
- The List: Top 10 G.I. Joe figures
- Things Brad Keefe Loves
- The List: Top 10 magicians