Brad has been the web producer at Columbus Alive for four years — sort of like Spider-Man, but with a different kind of web. He's also our movie critic, but you probably know him best for snarky answers to the staff question that often involve Nickelback.
While on the job at Alive, he's been offered a cheese tray by Will Ferrell, hung out with a baby elephant and interviewed Maynard James Keenan. You should totally say hello if you see him around town. He likes making new friends.
Hometown: like an exotic animal, escaped from Zanesville, Ohio
Neighborhood: Harrison West
Favorite movie: "Dr. Strangelove"
Favorite (living) director: Quentin Tarantino
Favorite (non-living) director: Stanley Kubrick
Favorite (living) writer(s): Chuck Klosterman, Miranda July
Favorite (non-living) writer(s): Douglas Adams, Hunter S. Thompson
Favorite book: "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"
Favorite food: Fried cheese curds at Little Palace
Favorite thing to do in Columbus: See how many awesome things I can do in one night
Favorite album not enough people have heard: "Fantastic Planet" by Failure
Favorite weird animals I find strangely noble: platypus, manatee
Favorite punctuation: ...
Recent articles by Brad Keefe
- Movie review: “Under the Skin” lives up to its name
- The List: 10 movies that would make great TV shows
- Staff Pick: Columbus Documentary Week
- Annual Independents Day festival moving to Franklinton in 2014
- Movie review: Wes Anderson goes grand in “Budapest Hotel”
- Staff Pick: 24-Hour Ohio Science Fiction Marathon
- The List: 10 comedians who are surprisingly great in dramatic roles
- The List: Top 10 fictional serial killers
- The List: 10 reasons we’d love to see light rail in Columbus
- Blue Jackets bar playing host to Saturday morning USA vs. Russia viewing party
- Blue Jackets: Olympic break status update
- Flavored vodka quiz: Real or fake?
- The List: 10 worst Super Bowl halftime performances
- The List: Top 10 fictional drug dealers