Brad has been the web producer at Columbus Alive for four years — sort of like Spider-Man, but with a different kind of web. He's also our movie critic, but you probably know him best for snarky answers to the staff question that often involve Nickelback.
While on the job at Alive, he's been offered a cheese tray by Will Ferrell, hung out with a baby elephant and interviewed Maynard James Keenan. You should totally say hello if you see him around town. He likes making new friends.
Hometown: like an exotic animal, escaped from Zanesville, Ohio
Neighborhood: Harrison West
Favorite movie: "Dr. Strangelove"
Favorite (living) director: Quentin Tarantino
Favorite (non-living) director: Stanley Kubrick
Favorite (living) writer(s): Chuck Klosterman, Miranda July
Favorite (non-living) writer(s): Douglas Adams, Hunter S. Thompson
Favorite book: "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"
Favorite food: Fried cheese curds at Little Palace
Favorite thing to do in Columbus: See how many awesome things I can do in one night
Favorite album not enough people have heard: "Fantastic Planet" by Failure
Favorite weird animals I find strangely noble: platypus, manatee
Favorite punctuation: ...
Recent articles by Brad Keefe
- Columbus Documentary Week highlights
- The List: The 10 worst words that aren’t “moist”
- Gift Guide: Gifts for the movie buff
- The List: Top 10 traditional Thanksgiving dishes
- Movie review: Beat poets unite onscreen in wild “Kill Your Darlings”
- The List: Top 10 former child stars
- Movie review: Controversial “Blue is the Warmest Color” deserves to be seen
- Welcome to Columbus: Melt Bar and Grilled delivers plenty of cheesy good fun
- The List: Top 10 platonic couples
- Movie review: “Thor” sequel fails to hammer it home
- Movie review: Teen angst meets WWIII in “How I Live Now”
- Movie review: Sentiment of “About Time” is timeless
- Movie review: Drift along with Redford in “All Is Lost”
- Staff Pick: Shock Around the Clock horror movie marathon features outstanding lineup and even better setting
- The best horror movies streaming on Netflix
- The List: 10 topical Halloween costumes to avoid for 2013
- Things We Love: Brad Keefe edition
- Blue Jackets Season Preview: Five players to watch
- Playoffs or Bust! Blue Jackets 2013-14 season preview
- Q&A: Blue Jackets team ambassador Jody Shelley
- Bandwagon primer: A beginner’s guide to watching hockey
- The best sports movies currently streaming on Netflix
- Brad Keefe's Independents’ Day picks: The Wet Darlings, Bummers, The Girls!/Washington Beach Bums/New Bomb Turks/Cadaver Dogs
- Fall movie preview: 15 films we're looking forward to this autumn