Brad has been the web producer at Columbus Alive for four years — sort of like Spider-Man, but with a different kind of web. He's also our movie critic, but you probably know him best for snarky answers to the staff question that often involve Nickelback.
While on the job at Alive, he's been offered a cheese tray by Will Ferrell, hung out with a baby elephant and interviewed Maynard James Keenan. You should totally say hello if you see him around town. He likes making new friends.
Hometown: like an exotic animal, escaped from Zanesville, Ohio
Neighborhood: Harrison West
Favorite movie: "Dr. Strangelove"
Favorite (living) director: Quentin Tarantino
Favorite (non-living) director: Stanley Kubrick
Favorite (living) writer(s): Chuck Klosterman, Miranda July
Favorite (non-living) writer(s): Douglas Adams, Hunter S. Thompson
Favorite book: "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"
Favorite food: Fried cheese curds at Little Palace
Favorite thing to do in Columbus: See how many awesome things I can do in one night
Favorite album not enough people have heard: "Fantastic Planet" by Failure
Favorite weird animals I find strangely noble: platypus, manatee
Favorite punctuation: ...
Recent articles by Brad Keefe
- Movie review: For better or worse, “Sin City” return is more of the same
- The List: 10 best modern black-and-white movies
- Movie review: Warning: Teen melodrama of “If I Stay” may induce sugar coma
- Interview: Meg Myers talks about her influences, her intense live show and her upcoming album
- Macaulay Culkin's pizza-themed Velvet Underground cover band to play Skully's
- RIP, Robin Williams: Remembering the actor's brilliant, dark turn in 2002
- Movie review: “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” not as bad or good as it could have been
- The List: 10 things from your childhood Michael Bay hasn’t ruined yet
- People to Watch: Lydia Loveless
- People to Watch: Kate Djupe
- Meg Myers and kids on molly: The highs and lows of Lollapalooza 2014
- The List: Top 10 fancy things
- Movie review: Be kind and just rewind “Sex Tape”
- Life imitates Full House: John Stamos to perform at Ohio State Fair with The Beach Boys
- Say it ain't sofa: Short North's limestone couch is being removed
- Movie review: Yes, “Transformers: Age of Extinction” sucks, but why?
- This Kickstarter needs your help more than the potato salad one
- The List: ComFest Do’s and Don’ts