Brad has been the web producer at Columbus Alive for four years — sort of like Spider-Man, but with a different kind of web. He's also our movie critic, but you probably know him best for snarky answers to the staff question that often involve Nickelback.
While on the job at Alive, he's been offered a cheese tray by Will Ferrell, hung out with a baby elephant and interviewed Maynard James Keenan. You should totally say hello if you see him around town. He likes making new friends.
Hometown: like an exotic animal, escaped from Zanesville, Ohio
Neighborhood: Harrison West
Favorite movie: "Dr. Strangelove"
Favorite (living) director: Quentin Tarantino
Favorite (non-living) director: Stanley Kubrick
Favorite (living) writer(s): Chuck Klosterman, Miranda July
Favorite (non-living) writer(s): Douglas Adams, Hunter S. Thompson
Favorite book: "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest"
Favorite food: Fried cheese curds at Little Palace
Favorite thing to do in Columbus: See how many awesome things I can do in one night
Favorite album not enough people have heard: "Fantastic Planet" by Failure
Favorite weird animals I find strangely noble: platypus, manatee
Favorite punctuation: ...
Recent articles by Brad Keefe
- Oscar 2015 predictions (and who actually deserves to win)
- Movie review: “Fifty Shades” better than the book, doesn’t mean it’s good
- Pay. Eat. Stay. Late Night Slice announces new sit-down location on 4th Street Downtown
- Other new movies in theaters for Feb. 6
- The List: 11 reasons we’re excited about Columbus getting an IKEA
- Movie review: Manny Pacquiao documentary filed under amazing-but-true
- The non-hockey fan’s guide to the NHL All-Stars
- The List: Top Lists of 2014
- Year-In-Review: Top 20 films of 2014
- Movie review: The final “Hobbit”: There and back again (and again)
- New movie releases in Columbus for the weekend of Dec. 12
- Movie review: Believe the hype: “The Babadook” is the scariest movie in years
- Movie review: “Comet” travels the length of a relationship