This is Jackie Mantey. Say hi next time you see her out (secret password to receive a high five: spelunking; earn a secret handshake if you work it into a sentence). Jackie has worked as a reporter at Alive since October 2010. She mostly writes feature stories about style and art in Columbus. Beer assignments are always fun, too.
Neighborhood: Harrison West
Favorite band: Blood, Sweat & Tears
Favorite style trend that is now dismissed as silly: Leather fringe on everything. Eep!
Favorite thing to do in Columbus: Meet the creative people who make this city special
Favorite quote: "But I always think that the best way to know God is to love many things." —Vincent Van Gogh
Favorite cat in a movie: That pudgy little orange one in “Aristocats”
Recent articles by Jackie Mantey
- Fashion: Cassidy Smith, What Are You Wearing?
- Maddie Etter: What Are You Wearing?
- Fashion: What Are You Wearing, Will Ong?
- Exhibit preview: Paul Bearer's carny critters
- Branding Columbus: Tracing our city’s decades-long, largely unsuccessful attempts to form an identity
- What Are You Wearing? Alexia Winfield
- What Are You Wearing? Jamie Sommer
- A light in the dark