With "Ghostbusters" returning to theaters this weekend for its 30th anniversary, we're counting down our favorite lines from our favorite ghost-related comedy.
With “Ghostbusters” returning to theaters this weekend for its 30th anniversary, we’re counting down our favorite lines from our favorite ghost-related comedy.
10. “We came. We saw. We kicked its ass.”
Leave it to Bill Murray’s Peter Venkman to improve on the Julius Caesar line.
9. “I am the Keymaster … Are you the Gatekeeper?”
It’s a pretty simple sex joke, but one that totally went over your head when you were a kid.
8. “Sorry, Venkman … I am terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.”
Egon so eloquently put what we’d all felt at the sight of a 100-foot marshmallow monster.
7. “Listen! Do you smell something?”
Ghostbusting requires keen senses.
6. “I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never, ever possibly destroy us, Mr. Stay Puft … We used to roast Stay Puft marshmallows by the fire at Camp Wauconda.”
Yup. Ray had officially gone bye-bye.
5. “Why worry? Each of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back.”
Besides the Hover Board, the Proton Pack is the ’80s movie invention that most needs to become reality.
4. “Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!”
Man, that really is a disaster of biblical proportions.
3. “There is no Dana. Only Zuul.”
Sigourney Weaver’s character getting possessed by an ancient demigod put a damper on her budding romance with Venkman.
2. “Yes, it’s true. This man has no dick.”
Venkman’s comeback after Ray calls a city official “Dickless” is one of the great moments in Bill Murray history.
1. “Let’s show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown.”
Venkman had so many great lines throughout “Ghostbusters,” but if you had to choose the most iconic there’s only one.