Here are a few things happening this week.
• A hearing for Elijah Lishing, the 13-year-old boy who is accused of fatally shooting his 11-year-old brother at their home in Streetsboro, will be held 9 a.m. Monday in Portage County Juvenile Court in Shalersville.
• The Aurora Farmer’s Market will open for the season at 4 p.m. Wednesday at the Church in Aurora, 146 S. Chillicothe Road.
• Passages and Portage County Jobs & Family Services will host a Fatherhood Celebration from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday at Brown Middle School, 228 S. Scranton St., Ravenna. The event will feature games, a petting zoo, food, crafts and a bounce house.
• The annual Portage County Soap Box Derby will be held Saturday on the hill on East High School in Mantua. Races begin at 9 a.m. The winners will advance to the All American Soap Box Derby in Akron in July.
• Monday, 5:30 p.m. Ravenna City Council committees, City Hall, 201 Park Way
• Monday, 5 p.m. Ravenna School Board Special Meeting, Board of Education Office, 507 East Main Street.
• Monday, 7 p.m. Aurora City Council, City Hall, 130 S. Chillicothe Road
• Tuesday, 7 p.m. Hiram Village Council, Village Hall, 11617 Garfield Road
• Tuesday, 7 p.m. Palmyra Township Trustees, Fire Station Meeting Room, 3956 Route 225
• Tuesday, 5:30 p.m. Rootstown Township Trustees, Township hall, 3988 Route 44
• Tuesday, 7 p.m. Crestwood Board of Education, High School Library, 10919 N. Main St.
• Thursday, 7 p.m. James A. Garfield Board of Education, 10207 Route 88
• Thursday, 6:30 p.m. Waterloo Board of Education, High School Media Center, 1464 Industry Road
• Friday, 7 a.m. Windham Board of Education, High School, 9530 Bauer Ave.