Editor's picks: 18 things do this weekend
Jeesh, it's July, you guys. How did we get here? Time's inevitable march onward brings us Doo Dah Parade this weekend, in addition to Red, White & BOOM! (which I'll be avoiding like the plague), neighborhood fireworks displays, barbecues and the Geto Boys. As always, here's what I'd do this weekend if I could be everywhere all the time.
Three of the city's best bands at one of the city's best music venues for a measly $5? Yeah, I'm there.
Scarface, in my very humble opinion, is one of the best, most underrated rappers from '90s. And the Geto Boys?! Are you kidding? This is bonkers. Best see this now before the group implodes.
- Red, White and Equal Rights at LeVeque Tower
- Thee Tsunamis at Carabar
- Moira at Spacebar
- Watch Al Pacino play with a kitty in "Manglehorn," the new movie from David Gordon Green
- Maiden Japan at Cafe Bourbon St
- TOOTHPASTE iii: COOLGATE + at MINT
Doo Dah is the best thing about July, and that's really saying something considering how much I hate parades.
- Joyce Hayden: Resilience/Reverence/Resistance at Sean Christopher Gallery
- Gallery Hop in the Short North
- Buy art from a cigarette vending machine turned Art-O-Matic at Concourse Gallery
- Explore the city's farmers markets
- Crew SC vs. NYCFC at Mapfre Stadium
Suddenly, we're in an arcade boom in Columbus. I finally got into Old North Arcade this week, but I'm hoping to hit up this pinball palace Sunday. This day's event won't be in the new digs above Yellow Brick Pizza, but instead at 780 King Ave.
Want these picks delivered to your email inbox? Sign up here.