Editor's picks: 18 things do this weekend in Columbus
Well, this is it. My last editor's picks as Alive editor. (Sorry to break the news to ya this way, but expect an official announcement in next week's issue.) It's been real, Columbus. As always, here's what I'd do this weekend if I could be everywhere all the time.
I'm on record many times over as saying night bike rides are my favorites. Add in the nostalgic factor of getting one last twilight ride in with the mayor, and I'm sold.
- Woodie Guthrie Benefit Tribute Night at Rambling House
- The Wet Darlings at Skully's Music-Diner
- Indie movie date night with "The Overnight"
- Watch the best music documentary in a decade in "Amy"
- Get into the cussing great "Fantastic Mr. Fox" for free with your library card at Gateway Film Center
- Too Short, Scarface, Juvenile, Project Pat at LC Pavilion
I mean, Saturday's weather.com forecast actually looks like summer! Might as well do all these summer things before it rains for another 48 days straight.
- Go to one of the city's fastest-growing new music festivals with 4th and 4th featuring Surfer Blood, Jacco Gardner and more
- Man Man at Skully's Music-Diner
- Comics with Vantage: Inhouse Productions at Franklin Park Conservatory
- Go to the North Market Ohio Wine Festival
OK, it's not in Columbus, but for my money, this is the best beer festival/brew week in the state. And I'll take any excuse, really, to drive to Athens and bar hop sans college kids.
- Check out Little Eater, the latest meatless wonder at the North Market
- Goodguys 18th PPG Nationals at Ohio Expo Center
- Jolly Pumpkin Sour Tasting at Crafted Drafts
Would you like to receive these picks in your email inbox? Sign up here.