Editor's Picks: 18 things to do this weekend in Columbus
Indie singer-songwriter Katie Crutchfield returns to Ace of Cups under the banner of Waxahatchee. The whole lineup is pretty much perfect, rounded out by Pink Wash and Yowler, a project of local treasure Maryn Jones (who previously opened for Waxahatchee with All Dogs).
- Get noisy with Wolf Eyes at MINT
- Catch touring comedian Stewart Huff at Spacebar
- Help craft "Opening Skinner's Box"
- Get some fresh air and some film noir with "Touch of Evil" at the Wex Drive-In
The newly opened Tai Tiki Polynesian Grill & Sushi has ties to the late, great Kahiki - owner Tai and Gail Lieu met while working there, and their executive chef is another veteran - so feel free to get lei-ed with fun, rum-based drinks and some surprisingly ambitious dishes.
- Hitch a ride on Amy Schumer's "Trainwreck"
- Celebrate the history of Anyway Records at Art at the Stroll
- They're heeeeere! Get spooked in Goodale Park with Screen on the Green's "Poltergeist"
- Pick a local winner at CD102.5's Local Artist Showcase with Electro Cult Circus, Dave Buker & the Historians and Digisaurus
- Get your '90s fix with Gin Blossoms at the LC
- Sample the wordplay of Rhode Island rapper Sage Francis
If you haven't yet visited the new-ish Franklinton gallery, this exhibit is a perfect chance, as a silent auction is sure to bring out both local artists and art lovers.
Sunday Funday is a nice time to hit a local brewpub and see what Columbus brewers have been up to lately. We've got an update on 22 (!) local breweries in this week's cover storyhere.