Columbus concerts to stream from home: May 13 edition
- Zach Whitney and Lil' Brotherperform from 6-8 p.m. Tuesdays onFacebook.
COVAID Live will host happy hours with local acts every Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30-7:30 p.m., with proceeds benefiting the GCAC COVID-19 Emergency Relief for Artists fund.
The Jazz Arts Group is hosting Offstage Live: Notes from CJO Rhythm Section events throughout the week.
Cloud City has launched weekly virtual programming on Instagram, with the following themed schedule: Wild Card Wednesday (8 p.m.), Far Out Friday (8 p.m.), City Cast Saturday (7 p.m.) and Soul Sunday (noon).
Wednesday, May 13:
- Comedian Dustin Meadows (Johnny) and musician Matt Monta (Mark)take the lead roles in an 8 p.m. live reading of "The Room," one of the best worst movies ever made.
- Brian Harnetty will perform at 5:30 p.m. via wexarts.org and YouTube as part of the Wexner Center's "Essential Performance" series taking place on Thursdays.
- This edition of the Ohio Prison Arts Connection weekly conversation series includes musicians Nick D'Andrea and Amber Knicole, along with artist Aimee Wissman, who collaborated to write a song with inmates at the Ohio Reformatory for Women in connection with WAV - We Amplify Voices. Beginning at 11 a.m., the trio will discuss the creation of the track and then perform it in public for the first time.
- Columbus expats the Electric Grandmother will host a virtual release party for its new album, Relaunch, at 9:30 p.m. on YouTube.
- Zach Whitney will perform from 4-7 p.m. on Facebook. The stream is a fundraiser for Chapel Hill House, which benefits pediatric cancer patients and their families.
- Clemens & Co. will celebrate the release of its new EP with a 4 p.m. concert on Facebook.
Additionally, Woodlands Tavern would like to help musicians looking to get into live streaming during the shutdown, offering up both its stage and production assistance. Contact talent buyer Nic Kabealo at email@example.com for more information.
To submit a livestream concert for consideration, email details to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.